Therapeutic Education and Social Work in Sao Paulo, Brazil
In November 2022, Leticia Santagata (member of the leadership team of the training institution “Cruz del Sur” in Argentina) and Jan Göschel (member of the leadership team of the Anthroposophic Council for Inclusive Social Development) visited the training in anthroposophic curative education of the “Associação Beneficente Parsifal” in Sao Paulo. They conducted the regular collegial peer review process there as part of the “International Training Circle” collaboration.
Sao Paulo is the seat of the “Federação de Educação Terapêutica e Terapia Social”, the Brazilian association for anthroposophical curative education and social therapy. Together with Paula Cardoso Murão, the association’s executive director, this also gave them the opportunity to visit some of the affiliated institutions and organizations in Sao Paulo.
- The “ASSOCIAÇÃO BENEFICENTE GUAINUMBI” supports adults with assistance needs through a day program in a vulnerable neighborhood.
- The “ASSOCIAÇÃO BENEFICENTE PARSIFAL” includes, in addition to education, a small remedial school and a day program for adults with workshops.
- The “ASSOCIAÇÃO TRAVESSIA MANTENEDORA DO NÚCLEO DE PEDAGOGIA WALDORF ESPECIAL” also includes a small remedial school and a day program for adults.
- The “INSTITUTO CASA DO SOL (FÊNIX – ASSOCIAÇÃO DE PEDAGOGIA CURATIVA)” supports teenagers and young adults with assistance needs in a day program.
- The “PROGRAMA CAMINHANDO JUNTOS – ASSOCIAÇÃO COMUNITÁRIA MONTE AZUL” is one of the many programs and offers of the Associação Comunitária Monte Azul and is aimed at adolescents and young adults with assistance needs in the Monte Azul neighborhood.
- The “ASSOCIAÇÃO COMUNITÁRIA PONTE DAS ESTRELAS” has developed, among other things, an early education program, school-accompanying after-school care and a circus troupe for older children and young people in another socially deprived neighborhood. Currently, preparations are underway for a curative educational day program for youth.
The pictures below give a small insight into the diverse work of the network in Sao Paulo.