Education – always! Developing what lives in me and moves the world
This year’s major international Autumn Conference for Curative Education and Social Therapy will take place at the Goetheanum in Dornach (Switzerland) from 5 to 9 October 2020 and will be dedicated to the theme of lifelong learning and life span development.
We are pleased that we were once again able to put together a rich and colourful conference program with inspiring lectures and a wide variety of workshops. Many thanks to all who have submitted a proposal!
Registration is made through the Goetheanum.
Recent changes and announcements
- We now also offer a translation into Italian.
- The lecture by Prof. Dr. Joachim Bauer on Tuesday, 6 October at 9 a.m.: Finding yourself and acquiring competence through mirroring and resonance will unfortunately be cancelled.
NEW: “My body as a place of development” – Lecture by Sonja Zausch, member of the leadership team, dancer and eurythmist (MA)
- On Wednesday, 7.10.2020 at 6 pm we will offer a commemoration (about 30 minutes) for Dr. Angelika Gäch, who died this year at the age of 83. Annette Pichler and Rüdiger Grimm will organize the commemoration. The worldwide movement has received many impulses through the active and always supportive cooperation and creative power of Dr. Angelika Gäch. We would like to pay tribute to her together at this moment. We cordially invite all colleagues who are and were in an inner connection with her. The venue will be announced at the conference.
- Workshop 4: Lifelong learning – from each other! with Ulrike Benkart and Jörg Bosse does not take place.
- Workshop 7: Vocational education – how can it be individually successful? takes place with Albert De Vries and Peter Biermann as leaders of the workshop.
- Workshop 11: Conversation on morning lectures will be held by Jan Göschel in English.
- Workshop 19: «Know yourself, be good or become good» takes place with Reem Mouawad as sole leader of the workshop.
- Workshop 20: Learning with inclusion, with Angelika Schade, Manfred Trautwein and Ludger Schulte-Remmert does not take place because of the travel restrictions due to Covid 19.
- Workshop 22: Education as a resonant space: Individual and collective growth with Annette Pichler does not take place.
- Workshop 25: Living through self-confidence with Alessandro Sammarruco, Mirjam Hofstetter does not take place.
- Workshop 27 will be merged with workshop 28: Gross National Happiness – Inclusion in communities for the future, with Angelika Schade, Manfred Trautwein and Ludger Schulte-Remmert
- Workshop 29: Impulses and motives for learning with Marina Shostak, Tamara Isaeva and Valeriya Medvedeva does not take place because of the travel restrictions due to Covid 19.
- Workshop 30: Self-administration in flux, with Heiko von Steuben, Birgit Bock does not take place.
- Workshop 31: Give me the good life! Planning for the future with Frank Birk and Caroline Parpan does not take place because of the restrictions due to Covid 19.
- Workshop 33: Sharing ways to live sustainably, with Richard Blake does not take place because of the travel restrictions due to Covid 19.
- Workshop 35: Learning with the body, with Raffaella Brambilla does not take place.
- Instead, there is a new workshop 35:
My body, my movement, constant sources of learning (EN/FR/ES) with Jessie Delage
By listening to physical sensations, at rest or in motion, alone, in pairs or in groups, we will explore our knowledge about ourselves and others as well as our creativity.
Jessie Delage is currently responsible for the French Eutonie vocational school in Paris and for the Bothmer training in Spain. She is co-director of the curative education training in France and Portugal.
- Workshop 36: Educate using circular movement, with Paula Cardoso Mourão does not take place because of the travel restrictions due to Covid 19.
- Workshop 37: Stories and their potential for healing with Gleice Da Silva does not take place because of the travel restrictions due to Covid 19.
- Workshop 39: Early intervention – recognizing, identifying, supporting with Ruth Enste and Marianne Irmler does not take place.
- Workshop 41: Signs of learning: Creating soulful emblems with Eric Fleming and John Newey does not take place because of the travel restrictions due to Covid 19.
- Workshop 50: Gross National Happiness in social therapy, with Hai Nguyen Phuoc and Trinh Phan To does not take place because of the travel restrictions due to Covid 19.
- Workshop 52: Dance! The Gods will thank you for it! with Fernanda Perez does not take place because of the travel restrictions due to Covid 19.
- Workshop 54: Understanding reverence, love, freedom through art, with Becky Rutherford does not take place because of the travel restrictions due to Covid 19.
- Workshop 60: « … in the mirror of the soul is forming itself … » with Doris Unger and Jan Göschel does not take place because of the travel restrictions due to Covid 19.
Sign up now! Registrations and cancellations are possible until the beginning of the conference.
Corona: Entry and stay in Switzerland
Official information on special entry requirements for Switzerland as well as the current list of countries from which you can enter Switzerland without special requirements can be found here:
Protective measures during the conference
For the duration of our conference at the Goetheanum, a protection concept has been developed by the Goetheanum:
In the Main Hall the place can be freely chosen and there is a duty to wear masks, because we want to protect ourselves and our fellow men. During the conference, masks are compulsory throughout the Goetheanum building. In the rooms of the workshops, the mask can be taken off if the distance rule is observed. During the conference there will be regular announcements about the security concept.
Status 15.09.2020, subject to change
An online concept with streaming and some interactive units is being planned. We will also offer 3–4 workshops in the morning and afternoon in German and English online.
More information will follow soon.
Form invitation for visa application and/or financial assistance
If you need an invitation to apply for a visa to attend the conference, or would like to apply for financial assistance, please fill out this form. If you have any questions, please contact us: email@example.com.
Here we would like to give you an insight into the variety of possibilities that will be available to you every day. The offers are spontaneously freely selectable, registration at the information desk. Every day, Tuesday to Thursday between 2.30-3.30 p.m., you can choose and enjoy something new!
– Corona-related changes are possible –