- This event has passed.
International Conference on Curative Education and Social Therapy (also online!)
October 5, 2020 @ 18:00 - October 9, 2020 @ 12:30 CEST
Education – always! Developing what lives in me and moves the world
This year’s major international Autumn Conference for Curative Education and Social Therapy will take place at the Goetheanum in Dornach (Switzerland) from 5 to 9 October 2020 and will be dedicated to the theme of lifelong learning and life span development.
We are pleased that we were once again able to put together a rich and colourful conference program with inspiring lectures and a wide variety of workshops. Many thanks to all who have submitted a proposal!
Sign up now! Registrations and cancellations are possible until the beginning of the conference.
Registration for on-site participation is done through the Goetheanum.
Online registration closes on October 5, 16:00 GMT+2
Participation now also possible online!
We are pleased to offer an online format with live streaming of the lectures in several languages, access to recordings of the lectures, interactive discussion groups and some hybrid and online working groups (see below). It is planned that the livestream will be available in German, English, French, Italian, Dutch and Russian. Following the livestream, the lectures will also be available as videos. A Spanish and Chinese translation will be provided as a video within one day after each lecture. If you cannot be present at the Goetheanum, register now for online participation – individually or as a group! We would be pleased to receive a contribution, freely chosen according to your circumstances and possibilities, for the solidarity-based financing of our conference and the online offer. However, participation is also possible free of charge if no financial contribution is possible in your situation. In this way we would like to make it possible for all interested parties to participate.
The following working groups are available for online participation:
Tuesday – Thursday, 11:15-12:45 (GMT+2)
- Remco Bakker (EN): Learning from and through the unknown
- Jan Göschel (EN): Conversation on morning lectures
- Florian Osswald (DE/EN): Das Leben als Bildungschance entdecken / Discovering life as a chance for learning
- Reem Mouawad & Sandra Rouhana (EN): Know yourself, be good or become good
- Tamara Isaeva (RU): Лечебная педагогика: почему развитие на протяжении всей жизни?
- June Yu & Richard She (EN/ZH): Social art for the digital generation
- Hai Nguyen & Trinh Phan To (EN): GNH and social therapy
Tuesday – Thursday, 16:00-17:30 (GMT+2)
- Nicole Asis & Joan Sleigh (EN): Unfolding individual potential through empathic encounters
- Andrea De La Cruz Barral (EN/ES): Shaping the future out of our questions / Dar forma al futuro a partir de nuestras preguntas
- Claudio Jax (DE/EN): Junge Freiwillige in ihrem Lernprozess begleiten / Supporting young volunteers in their learning process
- Rainer Menzel & Claudio Eyer (DE): Projekt “Lebenslanges Lebens-Lernen”
- Marcela Almeyda & Myriam Orrillo (ES): Aprender con inclusión
- Richard Blake (EN): Exploring digital storytelling – the ‘My Story’ project
Note: Some of the working groups listed here are marked as ‘cancelled’ in the program booklet. But they will still take place as virtual workgroups.
Corona: Entry and stay in Switzerland
Official information on special entry requirements for Switzerland as well as the current list of countries from which you can enter Switzerland without special requirements can be found here:
Protective measures during the conference
For the duration of our conference at the Goetheanum, a protection concept has been developed by the Goetheanum:
In the Main Hall the place can be freely chosen and there is a duty to wear masks, because we want to protect ourselves and our neighbors.
During the conference, masks are compulsory throughout the Goetheanum building. In the rooms of the workshops, the mask can be taken off if the distance rule is observed.
During the conference there will be regular announcements about the safety concept.
Status 15.09.2020, subject to change
Form invitation for visaapplication and/or financial assistance
If you need an invitation to apply for a visa to attend the conference, or would like to apply for financial assistance, please fill out this form. If you have any questions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Workshop 2 is offered by Remco Bakker online only (zoom participation).
- Workshop 7: Vocational education – how can it be individually successful? with Albert De Vries and Peter Biermann is unfortunately cancelled due to the current situation.
- Workshop 13: Practical Skills Therapeutic Education – Ruskin Mill Trust, with Keith Griffiths and Richard Tucker is unfortunately cancelled due to the current situation.
- Workshop 26: Stages of socio-emotional child development, with Horia Saulean is unfortunately cancelled due to the current situation.
- Workshop 42: Learning how to do research with Angelika Gräf is unfortunately cancelled due to the current situation.
- Workshop 43: Supporting young volunteers in their learning process is led by Claudio Jax and Thomas Freiwald.
- Workshop 62: Social art for the digital generation with June Yu and Richard She is unfortunately cancelled due to the current situation.
- The Contemplative Space «Me and the world in story and gesture – an interactive theatre workshop» with Paulamaria Blaxland-de Lange is unfortunately cancelled due to the current situation.
Here we would like to give you an insight into the variety of possibilities that will be available to you every day. The offers are spontaneously freely selectable, registration at the information desk. Every day, Tuesday to Thursday between 2.30-3.30 p.m., you can choose and enjoy something new!
- Anthroposophic Council for Inclusive Social Development
- +41 61 701 84 85
- View Organizer Website